Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lenten Reflection For Thursday, February 28


St. Mary's put together a Lenten reflection booklet which we handed out on Ash Wed. in order to have a daily reflection on the Mass readings for the day. Most of the reflections were written by students (a few by staff). Here is today's reflection:
February 28, 2013
Thursday of the Second Week of Lent

Jeremiah 17:5-10 * Luke 16:19-31

“I, the Lord, alone probe the mind and test the heart, to reward everyone according to his ways, according to the merit of his deeds.” (Jeremiah 17:10)

Never has there been or will there be anyone who knows me as you do, Lord. You know my strengths, my weaknesses, the tasks and the people I struggle with. Help me to understand that you give me these trials because you love me; that you allow me to suffer not because I’ve done something wrong, but because you see my potential for growth. Growing can be painful, and I fear pain. Be with me, Lord; strengthen me to live each day embracing these opportunities to grow. Let me gain the wisdom to know what a gift each struggle can be, and to use each trial as a way to spread your love to those around me.

How have I embraced my trials today? How have I rejected them?

How has this affected the people around me?

K.F.

No comments: