Thursday, January 31, 2013

What Do You Need From The Church?



I have a friend who I went to Grad School with and who is now in formation to become a deacon.

A while back he emailed me the following question for a project he was working on:
"What do you currently need from the Church in helping you live a Christian life in today's society?"
My answer is below.
I had to keep it to 100 words or less - I used all 100:
I need the Pope to be a good shepherd of Christ's flock.
I need the Bishops to be courageous witnesses to the faith who can make tough decisions. I need a laity that is well-formed disciples of Christ.
I need the Church to do a better job forming adults and then children - in that order, rather than the opposite.
I need parishes and dioceses that are evangelistic and unafraid of spreading Christ's message to "all nations".
But, ultimately I need the Church to be a school for making saints.
This would solve every other issue.
Holiness is the key.
How about you? Tell me what you need form the Church in 100 words or less.

2 comments:

Brandon Vogt said...

Five words:

Jesus Christ through the Sacraments.

Erin Pascal said...

You definitely hit every key point here. If I would be asked the same question, I would want to answer it the same way you did. Thank you for sharing this! :)