Top 20 Catholic Bloggers of 2011
(in no particular order)
- Jennifer Fulwiler - Conversion Diary and National Catholic Register.
One of the best bloggers on the scene today. Always thinking deeply.
- Deacon Greg Kandra - The Deacon's Bench.
How he finds all the stuff he does, I will never know. I think he must have dozens of websites open at once 24 hours a day.
- Ed Peters - In the Light of the Law.
Dr. Peters was my canon law prof and made canon law interesting. He does it on the blog as well.
- Carl Olson - Ignatius Insight Scoop.
Books, music, culture, and more. I have no idea how Carl reads as much as he does or listens to as much music as he does. Must help to work where he does.
- Patrick Madrid - PatrickMadrid.com
Patrick has been writing for a long time, but he only started blogging recently. He has found his blogging voice quickly. His dry wit is always entertaining.
- Fr. Z - What Does the Prayer Really Say?
Doesn't put up with fluff, hype or messing with the liturgy. He has the most rabid followers.
- Fr. Dwight Longenecker - Standing on My Head.
Fr. Dwight shines most brightly when he takes on difficult subjects head on. He isn't shy about them either.
- Rocco Palmo - Whispers in the Loggia
The #1 Catholic insider blog.
- Elizabeth Scalia - The Anchoress.
Politics, religion, faith, and how it applies to life - wrapped up in one place.
- Mark Shea - Catholic and Enjoying It and National Catholic Register.
Mark is probably the most prolific Catholic blogger. He posts on just about every topic there is all over the place.
- Patrick and Matthew Archbold - Creative Minority Report and National Catholic Register.
Funny, irreverent, interesting, and I think I am the lost Archbold brother.
- Thomas Peters - American Papist / CatholicVote.org
A very influential blogger who is widely read.
- Brandon Vogt - The Thin Veil.
New media, young Catholics and more.
- Jimmy Akin - National Catholic Register and Jimmy Akin.org.
Jimmy likes details and being thorough and complete. I appreciate that.
- Danielle Bean - DanielleBean.com and Faith and Family Live.
Danielle does it all. Mom. Wife. Editor. Writer. Blogger. All of that stuffed with wisdom and practical advice.
- Taylor Marshall - Canterbury Tales.
Posts items you won't see anywhere else.
- Jeff Miller - The Curt Jester.
Still making us laugh after many years. Yet, his best stuff is when he gets serious.
- Matt Warner - Fallible Blogma and National Catholic Register.
Matt has great stuff, he justs needs to post more frequently. Your readers want more Matt!
- Simcha Fisher - National Catholic Register and I Have to Sit Down.
One of the best all-around Catholic writers blogging today. I love her stuff.
- The Ironic Catholic.
Just read her.