If you could recommend just one book for people to read in 2012, what would it be?This is a terribly difficult question for me to answer. So, I will try to do my best.
IF I had to choose one, it would be Fr. Robert Barron's new book, Catholicism.
As I said in my review of the book:
I believe this book is the best modern overview of the Catholic Church's truth, beauty, and goodness I have ever read. More than just another book about Catholicism, Fr. Barron takes us on a journey through space and time, to visit the great thinkers, artists, writers, and Saints of the Catholic Church. He doesn't just tell us about the Catholic Church, but helps us love her.So, how could I not pick it?
Yet, it wasn't easy. Here is why. I read some other amazing books this year. Here is a short list of SOME of the books I really enjoyed.
- Best book on Spirituality / Prayer - I Believe in Love by Jean d'Elbee
- Best Apologetic book - If Protestantism Is True by Devin Rose
- Best Autobiography - The Seven Story Mountain by Thomas Merton.
- Best book that about modern culture - Between Two Worlds by Elizabeth Marquardt
- Best magisterial book - YouCat