Here is what we look like:
- 1% of Catholic couples practicing Natural Family Planning (NFP) divorce.
- 1% of regular Mass attendees do not "consider their faith to be important in their daily life".
- 1% of weekly mass attendees do not find the Sacrament of Baptism to be "somewhat or very meaningful".
- 1% of Catholic educators, clerics, employees and volunteers in ministry have not had background checks done.
- 1% of Catholics participate in a Bible Study.
- 1% of Catholics read a Catholic book last year.
- 1% of Catholic OB/Gyns do not prescribe contraception.
- 1% of Catholic women say they have "very seriously" considered becoming a religious sister.
What does this tell me? The Church has a number of great gifts which are not being used by the Church.
What should we do about it?
5 things that will turn around the bad and expand the good.
- Live the faith - we need saints.
- Teach the faith - especially to adults. The Church's catechetical documents focus on this, but our parishes focus on kids.
- Form disciples who pray - if you don't know how to pray, you don't know Jesus personally.
- Share the faith - our faith is personal, but never private. Why wouldn't we share it with others, if we truly care about them?
- Pray for our leaders and for those who have fallen away. Prayer changes lives.