- UN Report Calls for Comprehensive Sex Ed for Ten Year Olds as a way to Fight AIDS
- The UN has Commissioned A Study to Find Laws and Practices that Discriminate Against Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- 5 UN Agencies Join to Promote Universal Abortion Rights.
The Preamble reads:
PREAMBLEPray for our leaders, our government, and the United Nations.
WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED
AND FOR THESE ENDS
- to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and
- to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and
- to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and
- to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS
- to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and
- to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and
- to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and
- to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,
Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations.