- Scripture scholar, Michael Barber, gives a detailed explanation to why there were "tongues of fire" present at Pentecost. Good stuff!
- Our Sunday Visitor sifts through the data on the decline of Catholics who marry. Some very interesting numbers, but also quite sobering.
- In 2004 The City of San Francisco starting allowing gay marriage. In 2010, they banned Happy Meals. In 2010 the city council condemned the Catholic Church. With this kind of track record, it should come as no surprise that they now are allowing a vote to ban circumcision, despite protests that such a law would infringe upon the free exercise of religion.
- Some good news - the new constitution of Hungary protects life from conception.
- More good news - The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are moving forward with their plans to build a priory in Austin. They have 60 acres in North Austin!
- Finally, if you are an owner of a Kindle and want some recommendations for free and or cheap Catholic books, that are also good reads, then check out this list by my buddy, Brandon Vogt.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Around The Catholic Web
Items which might interest you.