Please pray for the baby's safety and health.
Mareena Silva might lose her unborn child because of the prescription drug error, which occurred last Thursday.
"I took it because I thought it was mine," Silva said.
Silva said the pharmacist at the Ft. Lupton Safeway gave her the prescription of methotrexate. Methotrexate is used in chemotherapy regimens to treat cancer, but it is also used to terminate early-stage pregnancies.
After she took it, Silva started feeling nauseous.
"I came back and I looked at the bottle and it wasn't my name," she said.
The methotrexate was intended for a 59-year-old woman with the exact same last name as Silva's and a similar first name.
"My doctor immediately told me to try and make myself vomit to see if I could get the medicine to come back up," Silva said.
Silva was then rushed to Platte Valley Medical Center where they gave her charcoal to absorb the drug.
"For all this to happen now is really overwhelming," said Silva. "This is my first child, so it's really difficult to deal with."
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Pharmacy Gives Abortion Pill To Pregnant Woman By Mistake
What a horrible tragedy.