- Patron of students, universities, Catholic schools, booksellers, Philosphers, publishers, and more.
- He is one of the 33 Doctors of the Church
- Son of a Count
- Studied under St. Albert the Great
- Greatest work is the Summa Theologica, which is still one of the most influential of all theological works. It systematized theology and brought together doctrine and Greek philosophy into one rational work. It was never finished.
- Before he died, he had a mystical encounter with Christ that caused him to say, "all that I have written seems like straw to me."
- Also Known as:
- Angelic Doctor
- The Dumb Ox
- The Universal Teacher
Tantum Ergo Sacramentum
Down in adoration falling,
Lo! The Sacred Host we hail.
Lo! o'er ancient forms departing,
Newer rites of Grace prevail:
Faith for all defects supplying,
Where the feeble senses fail.
To The Everlasting Father
And The Son Who reigns on high,
With The Spirit blessed proceeding
Forth, from Each eternally,
Be salvation, honor, blessing,
Might and endless majesty. Amen.
Learn more in this video:
St. Thomas Aquinas pray for us!