1 - The ingredients to Taco Bell's "beef" (aka - "taco meat filling"):
2 - A six-month time lapse video of what happened to a Happy Meal from McDonalds. It isn't what I expected and yet I am more frightened by what didn't happen:Beef, water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.It looks gruesome but passable... until you learn that, according to the Alabama law firm suing Taco Bell—only 36% of that is beef. Thirty-six percent. The other 64% is mostly tasteless fibers—which are there to increase volume while keeping the cost down—additives and some flavoring and coloring. Everything is processed into a mass that actually looks like beef, and packed into big containers labeled as "taco meat filling." These containers get shipped to Taco Bell's outlets and cooked into something that, again, looks like beef, is called beef and is advertised as beef.
There isn't much difference in a 4-year old Happy Meal either...
3 - Processed Chicken nuggets and patties start from a pink goo that is hard to describe, but you can see a pic of it here. This is a partial description:
Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.***One advantage to what you now know - it makes it easier to eat healthy.***
There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.
Disclaimer: This picture above is a parody. Taco Bell logo is a registered trademark. Taco Bell does not sponsor or endorse, and is not affiliated with, this website.