Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bishop Vann of Fort Worth Starts a Blog

Another blogging Bishop to add to my list.
You can view his blog here.
He gives some of his reasons for blogging in a recent post:
Before I begin these reflections for today, I would like to reiterate once again what was mentioned in the Press Release for this new venture of this personal “Web Log.” I had been thinking about this for some time, and was encouraged in this by a number of collaborators and friends in our Diocese and elsewhere. My initial thought was “When am I going to find the time to do this with everything else that is necessary?” Yet, I do enjoy writing and teaching, and praying and reflecting on this, it seemed that this venture would also be a way of a immediate format, in addition to the monthly column in the North Texas Catholic. My friend Bishop Ron Herzog gave a very thoughtful presentation on the importance of social media at the recent USCCB meeting, as did Rocco Palmo at the recent Dallas/Fort Worth University of Dallas ministry Conference. I also believe that this is another way to promote what I called a “spirituality of communion” which is so much in the writings of Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI. This is also another way of living what is called the “New Evangelization.”

No comments: