My mom called today to give me some bad news.
Simone has a mass of cells growing in her abdomen that is causing the worst pain she has ever experienced. The doctors were hopeful they could operate, but now they say it won’t do any good. There is no hope of stopping the growth, but only slowing it down with chemo. But, even this is a temporary help.
The doctor told them that she was already well beyond the time of survival rate for what the doctor would expect. Therefore, she is already living on borrowed time and is starting to prepare herself for her inevitable death.
So, I ask for these prayers.
- Please pray that Simone’s pain may be relieved, if possible, in some way.
- Pray for Simone's son, Matthew (Simone adopted him because he was about to be put in foster care and Simone couldn't stand to see another kid get lost in the system), that he might be find some peace in his mother’s suffering and eventual death.
- Pray for my mom and dad, who have to watch their child suffer so terribly and cannot do anything about it.
- Pray for a happy death for my sister, that she might fly to God’s arms and be out of pain.
- Pray for my other siblings, that my sister’s suffering might be a cause of their return to the faith.