"Each August since 1998, Beloit College has released the Beloit College Mindset List. It provides a look at the cultural touchstones that shape the lives of students entering college this fall."
Some of my favorites this year:
The Beloit College Mindset List for the Class of 2014
Most students entering college for the first time this fall—the Class of 2014—were born in 1992.
1. Few in the class know how to write in cursive.
2. Email is just too slow, and they seldom if ever use snail mail.
12. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
13. Parents and teachers feared that Beavis and Butt-head might be the voice of a lost generation.
14. Doctor Kevorkian has never been licensed to practice medicine.
18. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess.
28. They’ve never recognized that pointing to their wrists was a request for the time of day.
31. The first computer they probably touched was an Apple II; it is now in a museum.
46. Nirvana is on the classic oldies station.
52. There have always been women priests in the Anglican Church.
57. A purple dinosaur has always supplanted Barney Google and Barney Fife.