Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Compulsory Ash Wed. Reading and Viewing

**Ash Wed Mass readings are amazing today.  Check them out. Probably my favorite Psalm of all time is used today, Psalm 51. I will give just one verse, 16, to whet your appetite - "Rescue me from death, God, my saving God, that my tongue may praise your healing power."

**The annual Lent article from the A&M student newspaper - The Battalion.  Not bad. A quote from Fr. Chris:"
We can't make a place for him to dwell unless we admit that we are in need of him."
**Fr. Dwight's call to "do something radical for Lent" got one boy to want to "spend lent in a tent."

**How real are your ashes today?


**The Instinct of Repentance.  Good stuff.

**The baby Gianna story part III.

**Allegri: Miserere - jaw-droppingly beautiful.  Close your eyes and listen to this.  Translation found here.

No comments: