[SUMMARY: Bp. Ratko Peric of Mostar-Duvno in Bosnia and Herzegovina has sent letters to the pastor and a parochial vicar at Medjugorje, with specific directives about how they and the parish are not to promote the alleged apparitions of the place:
- that alleged messages and commentaries on them are not to be published;
- that prayers from the apparitions are not to be used publicly;
- the parish church is not to be called a "shrine", even privately;
- that foreign priests may not give conferences or retreats without permission of the bishop;
- foreign priests wishing to offer Mass must present a celebret from their diocese or order, and the information is to be recorded;
- a privately-built church has already been closed and is not to be used;
- unauthorized religious communities have no permission to set up residence;
- and about regulating several other forms of promotion of the alleged phenomenon.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Looks like some tight clamps are being put on Medjugorje.