Monday, August 17, 2009

Farewell from our Shepherd

From Archbishop Aymond.
Today I fly to New Orleans in order to prepare for my new ministry as shepherd of the Archdiocese of New Orleans.

I leave Central Texas with a heavy heart, the last nine years have been a great blessing to me and Austin has become home. Thank you for teaching me how to be a shepherd. Thank you for being partners in the work of Christ.

I will remember you often and each time it will be in gratitude for your faith and our sharing in the ministry of Jesus Christ.

May God’s peace be with you and with all those you hold lovingly in your heart.
We are without a Bishop for now. Pray for a good shepherd to replace Archbishop Aymond. In other diocesan news, we have a new order in town:
Please join me in welcoming Dominican Sisters of May, Mother of the Eucharist: Sr. Elizabeth Ann, Sr. Maria Gemma, Sr. Thomas Aquinas, Sr. Mary Cecilia, Sr. Mary David, Sr. Mary Jacinta, Sr. Mary Regina and Sr. Michael Vincent. The sisters moved to the diocese on Monday. The sisters will be working in our Catholic schools.
I expect we will be seeing them frequently here at St. Mary's.

No comments: