Thursday, July 9, 2009

The World Doesn't "Get" Catholics

To prove that the world does not understand the Catholic Church, I submit the following evidence for your considersation:

#1 - Obama says that he will have a "frank discussion" on abortion with Pope Benedict XVI. Because we won't know what will be said and because no cameras will be rolling, I will re-create the discussion for you below, based on how the discussion between Obama and Cardinal George went.

*Pope Benedict XVI (PBXVI) - Mr. President, I welcome you to the Vatican, thank you for coming.
*President Obama (PO) - Thank you for having me Your Popiness.
*PBXVI - I am thankful for your great concern for the good of the poor and for society's duty in helping those who are in need of assistance and care.
*PO - Yes, I know of several Senators in great need, Ted comes to mind.
*PBXVI - Okay...now, I would like to have a discussion on a very important matter related to the poorest of the poor.
*PO - Oh, yes, I have been wanting to talk to you about Joe Biden, you know he is quite the wild-card in my administration.
*PBXVI - No, no. I mean the matter of abortion.
*PO - Yes, uh, I, uh, well, uh, I too, uh, want to, uh, have a, uh, frank, uh, discussion on, uh, this.
*PBXVI - Good, good. I see you are a man of good will who is open to dialogue. This greatly pleases me. I believe that dialogue amongst open hearts in search for the truth is a great thing.
*PO - Yes, uh, I of course agree.
*PBXVI - Good. Good. I would like to propose that there is only one true way to uphold the dignity of the poor and that is by upholding the right to life for the most helpless - those in the womb. This naturally leads us to the notion that abortion is a great evil which is an attack on this fundamental right. The right to life.
*PO - I agree.
*PBXVI - But, Mr. President, you have voted consistently to allow abortion and to give money for abortion. You have always voted against the laws that would protect the children in the womb. How can you say you agree and yet your actions are not consistent with this?
*PO - I, uh, choose hope and change, uh, not the static ideas of the past. We need to look for common ground.
*PBXVI - What exactly are you talking about?
*PO - The hope in the future.
*PBXVI - Then we agree that there can be no goodness in the future for these babies who are aborted? No hope for a culture of death?
*PO - Of course.
*PBXVI - Then you will work with us to prevent abortion.
*PO - Not exactly.
*PBXVI - What then.
--RING--
*PO - Hello? Yes. Yes. Okay. Sorry Mr. Pope, but VP Biden is in the emergency room with his shoe stuck in his mouth again. I have to go now.
*PBXVI - I will pray for you Mr. President.
*PO - Good to meet you Benny. Good-bye.
*PBXVI - Good-bye.

#2 - Supreme Court Judge, Ruth Bader Ginsburg has stated that we need to abort the unwanted populations. Not kidding. (emphasis added)
Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.
She states that the government should give money for abortions to populations there are "too many of".
Wow!!!

God bless our leaders. They need it.

No comments: