Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Clarence Thomas Sits in Coach

I have had some great conversations in planes. A few examples of conversations I have had:
  • One of my favorites was when I sat in between an ex-scientoligist (who helped L. Ron Hubbard start the first Scientology reading room in LA) who was now an evangelical and a Hindu man from India who was married to a Catholic. Both had some great questions for me.
  • A World War II vet with several purple hearts. He was in the battle of the bulge and had some great stories to tell.
  • A Catholic college student who was no longer going to church. I got the opportunity to invite him back to church and the Sacraments.
  • A professional singer who was starting to sing pro-life / pro-family songs in Nashville.
These are just a few. But, none comes close to this story of two Nebraska fooball recruits who got to sit next to Clarence Thomas and then invite him to speak at their high school graduation. He took them up on it.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcwashington.com/video.

No comments: