Monday, April 20, 2009

Sketch

I gave a parish reflection for St. Anthony on Saturday. After I was finished several people approached me to talk. At the very end of the line was a teenage girl and her mom. They introduced themselves and then handed me the sketch to the right.

The mom said that both she and her daughter are a bit ADD and that they sketch in order to keep them engaged in doing something else. They assured me they had been listening to me, but needed to sketch to maintain their attention.

I thanked them both for the gift of the sketch and I asked them who the man in the sketch is, because he certainly is better looking than I am.

I was very flattered by the gift. The girl is very talented, if not accurate in artistic realism (though there is a "shine" in the right spot).

No comments: