Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Priest Forgives Attacker

Forgiveness is a gift from God. When we forgive we share that gift with others.
"I was in the confessional, putting my coat on, and felt a piercing sensation in my back left side," the priest recalled. "I looked up and she was standing there, and I felt it again in my back. Then I realized I was stabbed and my hand was covered with blood."

Massaro said his alleged attacker stared at him but never said a word.

"I ran and got to the car and hoped I could make it to the hospital before I passed out. I was worried about becoming unconscious. Thanks be to God that I didn't hurt anyone driving," he said.

An emergency room doctor told police that the knife "went through muscle, a few veins and chipped a rib," according to an arrest affidavit. The blade missed vital organs by two to three centimeters, the affidavit said.

Massaro underwent surgery to repair the damage. Doctors used 14 staples to close the "T"-shaped wounds.

The priest feels compassion for the woman who attacked him, and he is turning the other cheek.

"We have to continue to pray to do the church's work. To love, and most of all to forgive," he said. "To be sure she doesn't do this again, she needs proper medical care. No one in their right mind would do this."

Read the full story here.
When asked why she did it she said that Fr. Michael was the Antichrist. He said this:
And just for the record, "I am not the Antichrist, that I know of," Massaro said with a laugh.
Good for him...and us.

No comments: