"The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little."
- Is there truth?
- Can truth be known?
- Is truth universal to all?
- Does God exist?
- Did Jesus Christ exist?
- Was Jesus the Son of God the Father?
- Is there a Trinity?
- Is the Bible reliable?
- Is the Bible inspired by God?
- Is God active in the world?
- Aren't all religions the same?
- What is the origin of the world?
- Who am I?
- What was I created for?
- What is the meaning of life?
- What is my mission?
- What is my purpose?
- How am I to live?
- What kind of life (vocation) and I called to?
- Why is there death?
- Why is there suffering?
- Why do bad things happen to good people?
- Why do good things happen?
- Why is there something rather than nothing?
- What is love?
- How do you know that you know?
- What happens after someone dies?
- Is every human life equal in value and dignity?
- How do we determine right from wrong?
- Why is having sex outside of marriage considered wrong if you love the other person?
- How can you change for the better?
- Why is sin wrong when it can be fun or feel good?
- How do I go to heaven?
- Does God answer prayer?
- Does thought have consequences?
- Do actions have eternal consequences?
The questions of life will never be completely answered until we die and enter into heaven. But, we shouldn't stop asking them, because we are built to find the answers.
Pope Benedict also encourages your questions - but you should look for and expect an answer from God:
"think about the real meaning of life and to ask yourselves: “Am I satisfied with my life? Is there something missing?”
Like the young man in the Gospel story, perhaps you too are experiencing situations of uncertainty, anxiety or suffering, and are yearning for something more than a life of mediocrity. It makes you ask yourselves: “What makes a life successful? What do I need to do? How should I plan my life? “What must I do for my life to have full value and full meaning?” (ibid., No. 3).
Do not be afraid to ask yourselves these questions! Far from troubling you, they are giving voice to the great aspirations that you hold in your hearts. That is why you should listen to them. The answers you give to them must not be superficial, but capable of satisfying the longing you truly feel for life and happiness.
In order to discover the life-project that will make you completely happy, listen to God. He has a loving plan for each one of you. You can confidently ask him: “Lord, what is your plan, as Creator and Father, for my life? What is your will? I want to carry it out”. You can be certain that he will answer you. Do not be afraid of his answer! “For God is greater than our hearts and knows everything” (1 Jn 3:20)."