Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pelosi and the Pope Part Three

The Vatican's press release, which I posted yesterday, is much different from this one from Nancy Pelosi's office:

Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued the following statement today following a meeting at the Vatican with his Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI:

“It is with great joy that my husband, Paul, and I met with his Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI today.

“In our conversation, I had the opportunity to praise the Church's leadership in fighting poverty, hunger, and global warming, as well as the Holy Father's dedication to religious freedom and his upcoming trip and message to Israel.

“I was proud to show his Holiness a photograph of my family's Papal visit in the 1950s, as well as a recent picture of our children and grandchildren.”

Poltical lingo translation = "I got taken to task for being pro-abortion by the Pope. He thinks that I need to stop saying I am a faithful Catholic and then voting contrary to Catholic absolutes. But, I can't admit this in public."

1 comment:

tour86rocker said...

Pelosi is among the most fortunate people I've heard of. Forgiven 7 * 70 times...without even asking forgiveness.

There has been great discretion on the part of her bishop and the Pope, though. We've really only had the press releases to go on, no statements revealing any ultimatums, etc.