Thursday, July 17, 2008

Aggies At World Youth Day

This morning I watched the amazing entrance of the Pope Benedict XVI at World Youth Day on EWTN, while I was exercising. It was a moving event of hundreds of thousands of young adults screaming and waving flags as the Pope floated down the Sydney harbor on a huge yacht. The flags of different countries were beautiful in the crowd. I saw dozens of American flags and a couple of Texas flags. Then, I saw it - the Texas A&M flag amongst many others. Below is a screen shot of it.
I have highlighted the flag, because there are many others amongst the crowd. It is in the lower right-hand corner.

But, then later on, I saw it again. But this time, you couldn't miss it. Patrick Thompson, a student of ours, was in the middle of the screen jumping up and down and waving the A&M flag.

Thanks Patrick! You just gave millions of people around the world a glimpse of St. Mary's and Texas A&M.
Below is a screen shot of it, but if you want to see the video, then click here. Patrick is on screen from 45:07 - 45:22 (about 15 seconds of air time).

Gig 'em Patrick.
Gig 'em Pope Benedict XVI.
Gie 'em Aggie Catholics.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Whoop!