- Adult Video News claims that the largest credit card company makes $35 million per month off of e-porn.
- Porn earnings are estimated at $10-12 billion in the U.S. and $56 billion worldwide.
- 90% of 8-16 year olds had viewed pornography online.
- 51% of Christian clergy in one survey said porn is a temptation. 37% say they have a problem with it.
- More than 25% of the adult male population of the
admits to having an addiction to online pornography. More than 20% of Christian men admit to having a problem. USA
Monday, March 10, 2008
Governor Eliot Spitzer and Prostitution
The Governor of New York admitted to being involved in a prostitution ring, then he apologized. I won't comment on the politics of the matter, plenty are doing that. I want to point out an underlying social problem that won't make the papers. This kind of scandal is only going to get more and more common. Why? Because we have an epidemic of sexual addiction in our culture and aren't addressing it. Of course, the governor says it is a "private matter". The numbers tell us the story: